Your blog is like a home base. Tell the world your blog exist by promoting them on social networking sites that you are active on.
- You tube
- E-mail Newsletters
- RSS feeds
- Other Blogs
If you are a beginner you got to focus on creating a brand, use sites like Facebook or Twitter for promotion.
Do some research, visit blogs that are similar to yours and learn how they advertise.
Use Google or any major search engine and type "free advertising". Use those sites to promote your ads, just remember to bookmark them so you can return for a repost.
- Tweet first before you publish your blog by using a shortened URL
- Tweet again later on the day using a different intro. But do not tweet every hour.
- If you mention someone on the your post, ping them
- Share your post on your personal Facebook account
- Create a page about your brand.
Create relationships with other bloggers
- Look for a team of bloggers who are just like you and add them on social networking sites. Make sure they are within reach
- Visit and make comments on their blog as often as you can. Make sure you attached your blog URL on your comment.
- Share some of their post on your facebook or twitter. You don't have to do it everyday, just be friendly and give feedbacks when they ask to.
- Do not ask them to comment on your blog, if they like you they will do it on their own
Article marketing is very effective to get free traffic to your blog or website and it is free. If you love to write you can go to Squidoo, or Ezine Articles. These sites will help improve your SEO visibility
Post your blog on free Web Directories.
Go to these sites and submit your blog or website; www.dmoz.org, www.worldsiteindex.com, www.domaining.in, www.webworldindex.com, and www.searchsight.com.
Submit link to high traffic websites.
This is called backlinks and backlinks are important because it tells how valuable your blog is, the more backlinks you have the higher chances of getting high traffic for your blog. If you know a website that is similar to yours, you can exchange backlinks with them. Some sites has pages like "blogroll" or "link list" if you see them, contact the site author for a request for backlinks, compliment their site first so that they will like you.